First Baptist Church Of Floral City began on July 1, 1888 when six baptized believers met and organized The Cove Bend Baptist Church of Jesus Christ. They called W. H. Hughes to be the first pastor. The church joined the Alachua Association (Currently The Nature Coast Baptist Association) in October 1888. In 1892 the church voted to build a new building in Floral City, but didn’t construct the new building until 1899. During that time church services were only held once on the first Sunday of the month. In 1948 the church became a full-time church.
On November 1964 a new sanctuary was dedicated. Beginning in 1951 the church conducted Sunday worship services at the Floral City prison camp. In 1973 an educational annex was added and in 2011 a new educational facility was erected.
Church Membership has grown from six original members in 1888 to over 400 in 2014